- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5345 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 111.72 g
- Cholesterol Content: 92 mg
- Fat Content: 536.35 g
- Fiber Content: 22.2 g
- Protein Content: 49.47 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 92.736 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3357 mg
- Sugar Content: 36.46 g
- Trans Fat Content: 2.645 g
Paneer Tomato Curry
Another delicious recipe for all the paneer lovers. If you love to enjoy the paneer in tomato gravy, then this is a perfect dish for you. Tomato Paneer is a delicious recipe in which paneer is cooked in tomato gravy along with onion, ginger, garlic, different spices, etc. It is a simple and quick recipe, and paneer gives the rich taste to the curry. Kasoori methi and milk adds a delicious flavour to the recipe. Serve this dish with naan or paratha, Rice.
Ingredients of Paneer Tomato Curry Recipe
- Paneer - 250 gm
- Onion - 100 gm
- Ginger - 15 gm
- Garlic - 10 gm
- Green chili - 5 gm
- Tomatoes - 500 gm
- Oil - 60 ml
- Coriander powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Red chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Cream - 60 ml
- Coriander leaves - 20 gm
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Cloves - 4
- Rice flour - 50 gm
- Milk - 100 ml
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) - 20 gm
- Oil for frying - 2 Cups
- Garam masala powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Kasoori methi - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Paneer Tomato Curry
Step 1: Add ajwain in 500 ml of water. Crush half of the garlic and add it to the water along with a little salt.
Step 2: Bring it to boil and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain and retain the liquor.
Step 3: Cut paneer into 2-mm thick and rectangular even-sized slices. Marinate the paneer slices in the ajwain liquor.
Step 4: Finely chop the onions. Heat oil in a pot and add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
Step 5: As these start to crackle, add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
Step 6: Add chopped green chilli, ginger and garlic paste.
Step 7: Fry for 2-3 minutes. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
Step 8: Fry, while stirring until the oil separates.
Step 9: Add tomato puree, kasoori methi and garam masala powder.
Step 10: Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
Step 11: Prepare a batter of rice flour and milk with a little salt.
Step 12: A little ajwain liquor may be used in the batter for correcting the consistency. Drain the paneer slices.
Step 13: Dip the paneer slices in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Step 14: Put the fried paneer slices in the simmering gravy. Check for seasoning. Remove from fire.
Step 15: Serve garnished with small dollops of fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Kasoori methi – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Fresh Cream – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Green chili – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Milk – Check Price
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Rice flour – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price