- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 662 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 50.29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 34 mg
- Fat Content: 40.86 g
- Fiber Content: 10.4 g
- Protein Content: 33.68 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 29.111 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3153 mg
- Sugar Content: 27.69 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
Paneer Makhmali is a delicious, creamy paneer dish of India. This is a very special recipe for the parties and get-togethers. It can also be served as a side dish. In Panner Makhmali, Panner in a rich, tangy sauce flavored with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Paneer Makhmali looks the same as Palak Paneer, but it tastes different from it.
To make Restaurant-style paneer Makhmali at home is easy and can be ready quickly. Serve this delicious Paneer dish with naan or tandoori roti. Learn how to make mouthwatering Paneer makhamli recipe with the great taste in lesser time.
Ingredients of Paneer Makhmali Recipe
- Paneer - 200 gm
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Coconut milk - ½ Cup
- Sugar - ½ Tablespoon
- Roughly chopped tomatoes - 4
- Roughly chopped chilies - 2
- Ginger - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Garlic cloves - 8
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 1 Cup
- Black mustard seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Whole dry red chilies - 2
- Curry leaves - 10
How to Make Paneer Makhmali
Step 1: In a pressure cooker, cook tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, garlic, and salt together with 1 cup water on HIGH flame to give two whistles.
Step 2: After the pressure drops, cool and make a paste in a blender.
Step 3: Strain the tomato paste back in the pressure cooker, boil it and add the lemon juice, then add the coconut milk to it and boil it.
Step 4: Simmer for 5 minutes till gravy turns a little thick. And add sugar if the gravy tastes too sour.
Step 5: Grate two pieces of the Panner and add to the gravy. Then add the rest of the Paneer pieces and curry leaves to the gravy and remove it from the fire.
Step 6: Heat a small heavy bottomed kadhai. Reduce a heat. Add mustard seeds. Stir for 2 minutes on LOW heat flames.
Step 7: Add whole red chilies and dry roast for 1 minute. Remove from the fire and add a few curry leaves.
Step 8: Add the mustard seeds to the Panner gravy and mix it well.
Step 9: Serve hot with roti or Naan.
- To take out coconut milk, grate ¼ of fresh coconut and add ½ cup hot water to it.
- Blend in a mixture and strain to get coconut milk.
- You may use desiccated coconut powder instead of fresh coconut milk.
- Just fill the ½ cup with desiccated coconut and fill the cup with water. Mix well and use instead of fresh coconut milk.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Coconut milk – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Chilies – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price