- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 703 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 51.73 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 49.96 g
- Fiber Content: 11.3 g
- Protein Content: 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.262 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2775 mg
- Sugar Content: 26.97 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.218 g
Paneer Do Pyaza
Another delicious Indian curry recipe, Paneer Do Pyaza. This yummy dish is made with paneer cubes, lightly fried with sliced onion and cooked in rich mildly spiced and creamy onion based gravy. The Kasuri Methi adds extra richness to the recipe.
In this recipe, the amount of onion used is quite high than other ingredients. Whatever the occasion is, you can quickly prepare this dish and can serve with the Wheat Paratha, Butter Kulcha, and Butter Naan. Learn how to make Paneer Do Pyaza with this easy recipe.
Ingredients of Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) - 100 gm
- Onion - 2
- Seeded and chopped green chilli - 1
- Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 3
- Grated ginger - ½ Teaspoon
- Garlic paste - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Green cardamom - 1
- Small piece of bay leaf - 1
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - ½ Teaspoon
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Fresh cream - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - ½ Cup
How to Make Paneer Do Pyaza
Step 1: First, cut the paneer into 1-inch cubes and then finely chop one tomato and made a puree of remaining two tomatoes.
Step 2: Now, take one onion and finely chop it and cut the remaining onions into four equal parts and separate its layers.
Step 3: Now, heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and add diced onion layers to it and shallow fry it or until light brown. When it's done, transfer it to a plate.
Step 4: Now, again heat remaining oil in the same pan and when the oil is heated add cumin seeds, green cardamom and bay leaf then sauté it for 5-6 seconds then add finely chopped onion and again sauté it for 2-3 minutes or until it turns light brown.
Step 5: When the onion cooked, add grated ginger, garlic paste, and green chilli to it and again sauté it for a minute.
Step 6: Now, add chopped tomato and tomato puree and sauté it until oil starts to separate.
Step 7: Then to season it with spices add Kasuri methi, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt to it. Mix it well and cook it for a 2-3 minute.
Step 8: Now add paneer cubes, shallow fried onions, and water and cook it again for 3-4 minutes.
Step 9: When it’s done add fresh cream and mix well then turn off the flame.
Step 10: Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Step 11: Enjoy this mouthwatering paneer dish with butter kulcha.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Green chili – Check Price
- Kasoori methi – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Fresh Cream – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price