- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1865 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 268.53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 53.98 g
- Fiber Content: 49.9 g
- Protein Content: 92.04 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18.794 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2644 mg
- Sugar Content: 28.59 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.004 g
Panchmel Dal is a famous Rajasthani cuisine. This dal is also known as “Panchkuti dal.” This Dish is full of protein, and it is a pack of nutrition quality from five different dals or lentils.
Panchmel Dal is made from chana dal, moong dal, masoor dal, tuvar dal, and urad dal and flavored with tomato, garlic-ginger paste, and spices that give fragrance and enhance the taste of this dish. You can have this dal with hot masala baati, Chapati or steamed rice. Let’s see how to make this tasty, delicious and healthy Panchmel Dal.
Ingredients of Panchmel Dal Recipe
- Chana dal (Bengal Gram) - 1 Cup
- Moong dal (Split Green gram) - 1 Cup
- Masoor Dal (Split Red Lentil) - 1 Cup
- Tuvar Dal (Split Red gram) - 1 Cup
- Urad Dal (Split Black gram) - 1 Cup
- Water - 2 Cups
- Cloves - 2
- Green cardamoms - 2
- Crushed green chilli - 1
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Crushed Ginger - 1/2
- Finely chopped tomato - 1
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
How to Make Panchmel Dal
Step 1: First, collect all dals and wash in running water and soak them for about 40-45 minutes.
Step 2: After that add this soaked dal in pressure cooker and add about 3-4 cups of water and cover this pressure cooker with lid and cook it till they cooked thoroughly.
Step 3: When dals cooked let them cool down and then after mashing them lightly.
Step 4: Now, in a pan, heat oil and ghee together. When oil and ghee are heated, add cumin seeds and let them splutter then add cloves, green cardamoms, and broken dry red chillies to it.
Step 5: Sauté them for few seconds and let them fragrant, then add crushed green chilli and ginger and again sauté it for a minute.
Step 6: Now, add chopped tomato and sauté it for a minute then add asafoetida, turmeric powder, and Garam masala powder and mix well.
Step 7: Again sauté it on MEDIUM flame till tomatoes become soft and tender.
Step 8: When this temper is done add it to the cooked dal and mix them well.
Step 9: Now, add salt to the dal and simmer the dal for about 10 minutes so that the flavors of all spices mix up with the dal.
Step 10: When the dal is ready to transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Step 11: Serve this tempting dal with roti, paratha, rice or batti.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Moong dal – Check Price
- Masoor dal – Check Price
- Urad dal – Check Price
- Toor dal – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Ghee – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price