- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1133 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 99.84 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 65.42 g
- Fiber Content: 21.2 g
- Protein Content: 51.63 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.383 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3099 mg
- Sugar Content: 14.29 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.146 g
Palakchi Patal Bhaji
Palak chi Patal Bhaji is a popular Maharashtrian recipe. Patal bhaji is cooked with palak curry along with chana dal, besan, coconut and other tasty ingredients. Besan and peanuts are very commonly used ingredients in the Marathi cuisine. Temper the bhaji before serving and serve it with paratha and rice. Here is a delicious Palak chi Patal Bhaji Recipe.
Ingredients of Palakchi Patal Bhaji Recipe
- Bunch of spinach (palak) - 1
- Finely chopped ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Curd - ½ Cup
- Besan (Gram flour) - 5 Tablespoons
- Bengal gram (chana dal) - 4 Tablespoons
- Peanuts - 4 Tablespoons
- Coconut - 2 Tablespoons
- Finely chopped green chilies - 4
- Sugar - ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 8
- Garam masala powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic flakes - 8
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- A pinch of asafoeida
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Palakchi Patal Bhaji
Step 1: Soak sing dana (peanuts) and chana dal in enough water for 1 hour.
Step 2: Now, in a pressure cooker add one tablespoon oil and then add asafoetida and chopped green chillies, and ginger to it and slightly fry it for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Then, add chopped spinach, chana dal, sing dana and coconut slices to it. Add required water and close the pressure cooker and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 4: After that remove the pressure cooker from heat and add besan and curd and mix it well.
Step 5: In a frying pan, add oil and cumin seeds and mustard seeds to it. When mustard seeds and cumin seeds splutter, add curry leaves, asafoetida, and turmeric powder.
Step 6: Then add palak mixture to the pan.
Step 7: Now, add red chilli powder and garam masala powder to it and cook it for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Once ready, serve hot Palakchi Patal bhaji with rice or paratha.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Salt – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Spinach – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Peanuts – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price