- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 275 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 19.41 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 22.03 g
- Fiber Content: 5.4 g
- Protein Content: 4.21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.363 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2357 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.93 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.11 g
Onion Tomato Sabzi
Gujarati people are very much foodie, and they love to experiment with food very much. They try to make food always in a different manner. Mostly they like sweet and sour food. So today we come up with such kind of and that is Onion Tomato Sabji. Basically, in Gujarati, it is called ‘Dungali Tameta Nu Shaak.’ Onion Tomato sabji is the best option when you don’t have many vegetables at home to cook. You can instantly make this sabji and can enjoy your meal. This sabji is every household recipe, and generally, you can have this sabji with khichdi and paratha or roti.
Ingredients of Onion Tomato Sabzi Recipe
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 Cup
- Chopped spring onions - 1 Cup
- Oil - 1 ½ Tablespoons
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - ½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander & cumin seeds powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Onion Tomato Sabzi
Step 1: Heat the oil in a pan.
Step 2: When the oil is heated, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it. Allow them to splutter.
Step 3: Then add tomatoes and sauté it for about 20 seconds then cover it and cook it over MEDIUM-LOW heat for 2 minutes.
Step 4: After 2 minutes remove the lid and add turmeric powder, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well.
Step 5: Again cover it and cook it for another minute.
Step 6: When the tomatoes are half cooked at that time add spring onions, red chili powder, coriander, and cumin seeds powder. Stir again well.
Step 7: Cover it again and cook it one more time for another two minutes.
Step 8: After two minutes your onion-tomato sabji is ready. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Step 9: Have this delicious sabji with paratha or phulka roti.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Onion – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Coriander cumin powder – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price