- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 8677 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 164.29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 893.65 g
- Fiber Content: 8.6 g
- Protein Content: 27.45 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 99.519 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2525 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.88 g
- Trans Fat Content: 235.588 g
Namak Pare is very popular crunchy and a flavorous snack of India. It is not just only famous as a Diwali snack, but also it is preferred as a routine tea-time snack. This namkeen is a diamond-shaped pastry, seasoned with carom seeds, dry spices and then deep fried in oil or pure ghee. Celebrate your Diwali festival with this amazing mouth melting snack. Below is the easy recipe guide to make delicious Namak Pare.
Ingredients of Namak Pare Recipe
- Refined flour - 1 Cup
- Semolina (Sooji) - ½ Cup
- Carom seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Amchur powder (raw mango powder) - ½ Teaspoon
- Ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Beaten Yogurt - ¼ Cup
- Oil for frying - 4 Cups
How to Make Namak Pare
Step 1: In a medium-large bowl, combine the refined flour, semolina, carom seeds, and salt. Mix well.
Step 2: Now, add ghee to the flour mixture and mix it well.
Step 3: Add beaten yogurt and warm water and knead a stiff dough.
Step 4: Shape the dough into a ball and roll out into a thick circle.
Step 5: With using the sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut them into squares,
Step 6: Take sufficient oil in a pan and heat it over the high flame.
Step 7: Deep fry the squares until light brown and remove on kitchen paper.
Step 8: In a small bowl, combine all the remaining spices and add ½ tablespoon of oil. Mix well.
Step 9: Add this mixture to the fried squares and toss them well.
Step 10: When cool completely, enjoy it with tea.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Maida (refined flour) – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Semolina – Check Price
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – Check Price
- Ghee – Check Price
- Yogurt – Check Price