- Prep Time: 4h 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 8356 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 118.42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 880.2 g
- Fiber Content: 21.6 g
- Protein Content: 32.88 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 89.167 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2854 mg
- Sugar Content: 29.76 g
- Trans Fat Content: 235.588 g
Mix Dal Vada
Mix dal vada is all time favorite Gujarati street food recipe. In the Ahmedabad region of Gujarat, the rain is celebrated with a long queue at shops selling hot dalwadas. In there, it's served with fried green chilies, raw onions, and tamarind chutney. But it’s comforting to sit at home and have this wadas with a cup of tea and enjoy the lashing rain.
This snack is the favorite of every Gujarati, and sometimes it is completely alright to indulge yourselves with fried food on rainy days. Mixed dal vada is made with blend black gram, green gram, Bengal gram along with green chili-ginger paste, coriander paste and other ingredients.
Ingredients of Mix Dal Vada Recipe
- Chana dal (chickpea) - ½ Cup
- Tuvar dal (Pigeon pea) - ½ Cup
- Moong dal (Split Green gram) - ½ Cup
- Urad dal (black gram) - ½ Cup
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped green chilies - 4
- Chopped ginger - 1 Inch
- Chopped cilantro - ¼ Cup
- Chopped curry leaves - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped mint leaves - 2 Tablespoons
- Soda bi-carb - ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Some chopped cashews
- Oil for frying - 4 Cups
How to Make Mix Dal Vada
Step 1: Place all the dal in a vessel and wash them under running water and soak them for about 3-4 hours. Drain the excess water.
Step 2: Place this soaked dal in a mixture blender and add chopped green chilies and ginger to it and blend them to form a coarse paste.
Step 3: Transfer this paste to a bowl and add cashews, onion, cilantro, curry leaves, mint leaves, and salt. Mix well and make sure the batter is not too dry if it adds 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Step 4: Now, heat the oil in a wok and when oil is sufficiently heated drop spoonful of prepared batter and fry these vada till golden brown and crisp.
Step 5: Drain them on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
Step 6: Serve hot with fried green chili and sliced onion.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Pigeon peas – Check Price
- Moong dal – Check Price
- Urad dal – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Mint leaves – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price