- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 8355 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 120.28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 883.95 g
- Fiber Content: 47 g
- Protein Content: 42.77 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 90.936 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1690 mg
- Sugar Content: 7.05 g
- Trans Fat Content: 235.589 g
A healthy and delicious Methi Pakora is a Gujarati snack which is made especially during the monsoon and winter season. It is an Indian street food which can be enjoyed with the hot cup of tea. In the winter season, you can easily find the fresh fenugreek leaves.
Methi Pakora is made with chopped methi leaves (fenugreek leaves), besan and then deep fried in the oil. Methi Pakora is crispy yet soft and with full of nutrition of the methi leaves. You can enjoy the lip-smacking methi pakora with green chutney, onion, and fried green chilies. So here is the easy and instant recipe to make this lip-smacking Methi Pakora at your home.
Ingredients of Methi Pakora Recipe
- Besan (Bengal gram flour) - 2 Cups
- Finely chopped methi leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) - 1 Cup
- Chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped green chilies - 3
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Crushed coriander seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Baking soda - ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing) - ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying - 4 Cups
- Sugar (optional) - ½ Teaspoon
How to Make Methi Pakora
Step 1: Properly wash the rinsed methi leaves and then finely chopped it.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix besan, methi leaves, green chilies, chopped onion, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds, baking soda, asafetida, ½ teaspoon oil, and salt.
Step 3: Mix all the ingredients well and gradually add water to it and make a thick batter from the mixture.
Step 4: Keep the batter aside for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Now, heat the oil in the frying pan.
Step 6: Now, on LOW flame, make small pakora from the batter and drop it into the hot oil. You can do this by your fingers or can also use a teaspoon.
Step 7: Deep fry the pakoras on MEDIUM-HIGH flame till they turn golden brown and crispy.
Step 8: Now, remove the pakora from the oil and put it on absorbent paper.
Step 9: Serve the hot methi pakora with hot tea or with green chutney, raw onion, and fried green chilies.
- If you fond the methi leaves too bitter, then you can add one teaspoon sugar to it which will reduce the bitterness of the methi leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Fenugreek leaves – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price