- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 7725 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 872.13 g
- Fiber Content: 0.7 g
- Protein Content: 0.13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 88.25 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2330 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.31 g
- Trans Fat Content: 235.588 g
Medu vada is a traditional south Indian dish which is crispy and delicious. Medu vada is made from urad dal batter and deep-fried in donut shape dumplings. Medu vada is a healthy snacks recipe can be served as a main course, side dish or breakfast or anytime you want. It served with the sambar and coconut chutney. Here are the easy to follow recipe steps to make crunchy medu vada.
Ingredients of Medu Vada Recipe
- soaked split husked black gram (dhuli urad) - 1 Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- powdered black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- chopped coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
- finely chopped Ginger - 1 tablespoon
- finely chopped Green chilies - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil for frying - 4 Cups
How to Make Medu Vada
Step 1: Drain the daal and grind into a smooth paste.
Step 2: Now, add salt, asafetida, and black pepper to the urad dal paste and beat them well to make it light and fluffy.
Step 3: Now add coriander leaves, ginger, and the green chilies to it and mix it.
Step 4: In a frying pan, Heat the oil
Step 5: Shape the urad daal mixture into flat rounds and make a hole in the center of the round and fry the vada first over HIGH heat then over LOWER heat or till turns brown and cooked through.
Step 6: Once it’s ready to remove it from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
Step 7: Serve these hot medu vada with sambhar and coconut chutney.