- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 589 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 112.76 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 10.65 g
- Fiber Content: 19.9 g
- Protein Content: 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.999 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2449 mg
- Sugar Content: 58.39 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.025 g
Mango dal or Mamidikaya Pappu is an Andra recipe. It is made from raw mango and different lentils like arhar (pigeon pea), split pigeon lentils. You can also add tomatoes, coriander leaves, cumin seeds powder, red chilli powder, etc. Mango dal is a very healthy and mouthwatering recipe. It tastes delicious with basmati rice. Also, you can enjoy your summer days with various mango recipes like Mango Cocktail, Mango Tea, Mango Rice and more. Let’s learn to make Mango dal recipe.
Ingredients of Mango Dal Recipe
- Raw mango - 1
- Chopped onion - 1
- Pigeon lentil - 1 ¼ Cup
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Water - ½ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato - 1
- Coriander leaves for garnishing - 1 Tablespoon
- For Tempering
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Split pigeon peas - ½ Teaspoon
- Pigeon peas (arhar dal) - ½ Teaspoon
- Dry red chilies - 4
- Fresh curry leaves - 5
- Ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Mango Dal
Step 1: Wash the lentils in the water for 2-3 times.
Step 2: Now, pressure cooks the lentils with 3 cups of water, onion, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
Step 3: Let the lentils cool then remove it into a bowl and add salt and mash the dal to make a smooth paste.
Step 4: Now, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them splutter, then add cumin seeds, onion, arhar dal, split pigeon lentil, garlic paste, curry leaves, green chillies, a pinch of asafetida and fry them for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes brown and soften.
Step 5: Now, add mashed dal to this mixture.
Step 6: Now, add raw mango pieces, tomatoes and salt to it.
Step 7: Add required water to it and continuously stir it. Simmer the dal until the mango and tomatoes are cooked or for 4-5 minutes.
Step 8: Remove the pan from the heat and garnish the mango dal with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with basmati rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Pigeon peas (arhar dal) – Check Price
- Mango – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Toor dal (split pigeon peas) – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price