- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 8855 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 159.66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1315 mg
- Fat Content: 811.27 g
- Fiber Content: 31.5 g
- Protein Content: 250.48 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 133.768 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3175 mg
- Sugar Content: 32.65 g
- Trans Fat Content: 176.692 g
Shami Kebab is a popular Lucknowi snacks recipe. This delicious and easy kebab recipe is made with meat or lamb, chana dal with onions, ginger, and green chilies. This dish is often prepared on special occasions or during parties. You can easily make this crispy kebab balls and served as a snack in evening tea or side dish with your main course meal. It is best to serve as a starter dish too. Serve it with mint chutney or tomato ketchup. This Lucknowi Shami Kebab is a different way to enjoy the meat. Here is the step by step recipe to make shami kebab and surprise your friends and family.
Ingredients of Shami Kabab Recipe
- Lamb mince - 800 gm
- Chana dal - 1 Cup
- Onion - 2 Cups
- Ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Green chilies - 1 Tablespoon
- Garam masala powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Oil for frying - 3 Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Shami Kabab
Step 1: Soak the chana dal for 3-4 hours.
Step 2: Drain and mince the dal.
Step 3: Now, mix lamb mince and dal.
Step 4: Then add chopped onions, ginger and green chillies. Pass the mixture through a mincer. And refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Then add salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped coriander, lemon juice and egg and blend them well in a blender.
Step 6: Now, take this mixture and shape them into small balls. Slightly flatten the balls and shallow fry on MEDIUM heat until golden brown on both sides.
Step 7: Serve hot garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges and green coriander chutney.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Ground lamb – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Eggs – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price