- Yield: 12 Pieces
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 5 People
- Calories: 8840 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 186.31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 900.29 g
- Fiber Content: 12.3 g
- Protein Content: 31.52 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 103.469 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2600 mg
- Sugar Content: 6.12 g
- Trans Fat Content: 236.519 g
Khasta Kachori is a tasty, fried puffed pastry. Khasta Kachori is stuffed with chana dal mixture and spices and deep fried in golden brown and crisp. Khasra Kachori is a famous food of Rajasthan and northern part of India. You can eat Khasta Kachori with your morning and evening tea; also you can eat it as a snack. You can also make kachoris in advance and store it in air-tight containers for one week. Serve Khasta Kachori with green chutney and tamarind chutney. Here is the simple recipe that you can follow and make a delicious Khasta Kachori at home.
Ingredients of Khasta Kachori Recipe
- Wheat flour - 200 gm
- Chana dal, soaked for 5 hours - 50 gm
- Green chili paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Ghee for wheat flour - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil for deep frying - 4 Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Khasta Kachori
Step 1: Add ghee and salt to the wheat flour and mix it well and make dough from it.
Step 2: Now, grind the chana dal into a fine paste.
Step 3: Now, take a pan and add one tablespoon oil and heat it. After that add chana dal paste, ginger, and red chili paste and all other dry masalas and mix it well.
Step 4: Then add some salt and coriander and remove it from the fire.
Step 5: Now, take the dough and shape it into small balls and roll out a little.
Step 6: Put one tablespoon of the filling to it and close it well.
Step 7: Roll out it again into a small disc.
Step 8: Then deep fry this small disc into at MEDIUM until it becomes light brown.
Step 9: Serve hot with green chutney.