- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 388 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 19.62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 31.17 g
- Fiber Content: 2.7 g
- Protein Content: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.781 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1676 mg
- Sugar Content: 12.22 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.239 g
Vagharelo rotlo is a delicious Kathyawadi dish and very popular across Gujarat. It is a delightful, spicy and tangy dish that you can find in any Kathiyawadi restaurant. In the winter season, people enjoy Bajra roti (Millet Flatbread) with different dishes like Baingan ka bharta. Millet flour is very healthy and gives you so much nutritious. Also, it helps you to keep your body warm in the cold. If you have leftover Bajra roti, then you can make a different kind of snacks or recipes instantly. Today I am sharing an instant and delicious recipe Vagharelo rotlo which can be served with the main course meal.
In Gujarat, especially in Kathiyawad region, in winter people enjoy bajra roti with ringna no olo along with vagharelo rotlo, buttermilk, jaggery, and fried green chilli. It is the complete meal that can be your lunch or dinner. In this recipe I have used buttermilk, you can use curd instead of using buttermilk, it gives you to same tangy taste to the dish. So don't wait much, follow this easy recipe to make vagharelo rotlo at home and enjoy it with your family.
Ingredients of Vagharelo Rotlo Recipe
- Bajra Roti (Millet Flatbread) - 1
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1 Teaspoon
- Buttermilk - 1 Cup
- Garlic chutney - 1 Tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 1 Spring
- Red chili powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
How to Make Vagharelo Rotlo
Step 1: In a pan, add two tablespoons of oil, when the oil becomes hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and turmeric powder to it and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
Step 2: Now add garlic chutney to it and mix them well and add buttermilk to it and again mix it.
Step 3: Now add crushed Bajra Roti (Millet Flatbread) to it and then add green chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder, coriander powder and let it boil for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Once its ready, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Millet flour – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Buttermilk – Check Price
- Garlic chutney – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price