- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 4248 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 808.66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 78.39 g
- Fiber Content: 104.4 g
- Protein Content: 106.71 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.887 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2773 mg
- Sugar Content: 54.4 g
- Trans Fat Content: 14.698 g
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri dum aloo, a widely popular north Indian curry recipe. In this recipe, whole baby potatoes are first deep fried then cooked in thick curd-tomato gravy with delicious spices like nutmeg, mace powder, Kashmiri chili powder and more. This delightful dish is ideal for cold weather, as it contains lots of spices which helps you to keep warm.
Here is the spicy and authentic recipe of Kashmiri dum aloo that is spicy and slightly sweet. Enjoy this Kashmiri dum aloo with Paratha, naan or steamed rice for lunch or dinner! Learn how to make delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo curry in the below-given recipe guide.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
- Baby Potatoes - 12
- Beaten Curd - 1 ½ Cups
- Dry kashmiri red chilli, powdered - 4
- Grated ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Crushed garlic - 1 Teaspoon
- Cashew nut powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel seeds powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/3 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Bay leaf, broken into two pieces - 1
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Garam masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying - 4 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 1/3 Cup
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Step 1: First of all, peel the potatoes first and pierce them with the help of a fork.
Step 2: Soak this peeled potatoes in lightly salted water for about 13-15 minutes.
Step 3: In a deep pan, heat the oil for deep-frying and Drain excess water from potatoes and wipe them.
Step 4: When the oil is heated deep fry the potatoes over MEDIUM-LOW heat until golden brown. Drain and put them on towel paper.
Step 5: In a small bowl, mix curd, Kashmiri red chili powder, grated ginger, crushed garlic, cashew nut powder, fennel seeds powder and coriander powder. Whisk well.
Step 6: In another deep pan, heat four tablespoons of oil and add bay leaf and asafoetida and sauté it for a few 15-20 seconds.
Step 7: Now, add water, turmeric powder, and salt to it and bring it to boil.
Step 8: When the water starts boiling add seasoned curd paste to it. Mix well and let it boil for a minute.
Step 9: Then fried potatoes and garam masala to it and stir well so that the gravy coats the potatoes well.
Step 10: Cook it over MEDIUM-LOW heat for about 3-4 minutes or until oil starts separating and potatoes absorb the gravy then switch off the heat.
Step 11: Transfer it to the serving plate and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price
- Fennel powder – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price