- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5775 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 219.34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 523.29 g
- Fiber Content: 48.3 g
- Protein Content: 91.04 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 79.018 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7876 mg
- Sugar Content: 62.34 g
- Trans Fat Content: 2.326 g
Chavanu is Gujarat’s famous snacks recipe. It’s spicy, tangy and yummy. There is various kind of Chava nu you can find in the market, also can make it at home too. Chavanu is a Diwali snack. During the Diwali, Chavanu is given as a gift with the different sweets. Also, during a special occasion, it is served as snacks. You can make the Chava nu and store it for a long time. Chavanu is the best timepass snacks which you can enjoy anytime. Learn how to make chavanu at home.
Ingredients of Chavanu Recipe
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) - 1 Cup
- Peanuts - 1 Cup
- Sugar powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Mung beans - 1 Cup
- Red chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Whole dry peas - 1 Cup
- Oil for frying - 2 Cups
- Turmeric powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Black salt powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Colourful boondi - 1 Cup
- Rice flakes (Poha) - 1 Cup
- Sev bhujiya - 1 Cup
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cumin powder - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Chavanu
Step 1: In different bowls, wash chana dal, mung beans, and dry peas and soaked them for 5-6 hours.
Step 2: After that, drain the water and spread them on the kitchen towels to dry for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Now, in a frying pan heat the oil and add Chanda dal, and fry it until it becomes crispy. Remove it from the pan and place it on the absorbent paper.
Step 4: Then separately fry peanuts, peas and mung beans. Drain them on the absorbent paper.
Step 5: Now, add spices over the fried dal and others and mix them well.
Step 6: Now, fry the rice flakes into the oil. Then place it on the absorbent paper.
Step 7: Then in a large bowl, add all beans, nuts, flakes and toss them well.
Step 8: Mix boondi and sev bhujiya to the mixture and mix them.
Step 9: Now, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, sugar powder, garam masala, black salt powder, black pepper powder, and cumin powder to the beans mixture and toss them well.
Step 10: Let the mixture cool completely then store it in the airtight container.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Peanuts – Check Price
- Powdered sugar – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Mung beans – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Green peas – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Black Salt – Check Price
- Boondi – Check Price
- Rice flakes (Poha) – Check Price
- Sev bhujiya – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price