- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 291 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 29.85 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 16.97 g
- Fiber Content: 7.6 g
- Protein Content: 9.93 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.843 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2679 mg
- Sugar Content: 7.41 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.073 g
Gujarati dal is the main food in every Gujarati household. Gujarati dal is healthy and has a sweet, tangy and spicy. This healthy dal is made with tuvar dal (pigeon pea) and peanuts and other Indian spices. Then it is tempered with different Indian spices and tomato.
Gujarati meal is incomplete without meethi dal. To cook this delicious curry dish is easy and you can quickly make it. Enjoy this delightful meethi dal with steamed rice. Learn how to make tempting Gujarati meethi dal with this easy recipe.
Ingredients of Meethi Dal Recipe
- Tuvar Dal (Split Red gram) - ½ Cup
- Water as required
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin and coriander powder - ¾ Teaspoon
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Chopped green chili - 1
- Ginger paste - ½ Teaspoon
- Jaggery - 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- For Tempering
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ¼ Teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds - 9
- Bay leaf - 1
- Dried red chili - 1
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Curry Leaves - 7
- Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Meethi Dal
Step 1: First, wash the tuvar dal under running water and pressure cook tuvar dal, salt along with water until the dal is soft.
Step 2: When dal is cooked transfer the dal into a vessel and add 2 cups of water and blend it with a hand blender.
Step 3: Now, turn on the flame and put the vessel on it then add chopped tomato, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder, chopped green chili, ginger paste, jaggery, lemon juice and salt to it. Mix it well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Meanwhile, to make temper, heat the oil in a pan then add mustard seed, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds when they start crackled at that time add bay leaf, dried red chili break into two pieces and asafoetida then add curry leaves. The temper is ready.
Step 5: Pour this temper into dal then simmer the dal again for 8-9 minutes.
Step 6: Garnish this dal with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Step 7: Serve this mouth-watering dal with sabzi, roti and steamed rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Toor dal – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Coriander cumin powder – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Jaggery – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Fenugreek seeds – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price