- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 794 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 80.45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 64 mg
- Fat Content: 45.31 g
- Fiber Content: 8.1 g
- Protein Content: 23.08 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14.779 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2627 mg
- Sugar Content: 55.32 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.145 g
Gujarati Kadhi is a very famous, healthy yogurt based curry recipe. Kadhi is a delicious curry recipe that everyone love to have it. This curry is made with gram flour, curd, curry leaves, Jaggery along with other Indian spices.
Like another kadhi recipe, Gujarati kadhi uses less gram flour and have a sweet flavor. Kadhi is eaten with Plain Rice, Khichdi, and also served with Gujarati Snacks like Fafda, Gota, Papdi and more. In India, Specially in Gujarat, on the occasion of Dussehra, last day of Navratri, people eat fafda with kadhi and papaya sambharo. Here is the easy and quick recipe of Gujarati kadhi.
Ingredients of Gujarati Kadhi Recipe
- Yogurt - 2 Cups
- Besan (gram flour) - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 4 Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar or Jaggery - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Whole red chilies - 3
- Curry Leaves - 5
- A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Gujarati Kadhi
Step 1: In a bowl, add yogurt and beat it. Now, add besan, salt, turmeric powder, and sugar to it and mix well.
Step 2: Then add water to it and mix well and make a lump-free batter.
Step 3: Now, add oil in kadai and put it on MEDIUM heat and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds. When they sizzle, adds red chili, curry leaves, asafoetida and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Now, pour the kadhi batter into this mixture and boil it on HIGH Flame. Stir continuously.
Step 5: When the kadhi starts boiling add salt, red chili powder and sugar to it and cook it for 15 minutes at LOW flame.
Step 6: Transfer kadhi into serving the dish and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Yogurt – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Cinnamon powder – Check Price
- Jaggery – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price