- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5158 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 99.79 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1610 mg
- Fat Content: 445.79 g
- Fiber Content: 17.5 g
- Protein Content: 218.41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 69.952 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3657 mg
- Sugar Content: 18.8 g
- Trans Fat Content: 2.364 g
Prawn masala is a delicious yet simple prawn curry recipe. This recipe is easy and treats for the seafood lovers. This Goan style prawn masala curry is spicy, creamy and tangy in flavour. This coastal delicacy can be prepared within 30 minutes. To make this dish, I prefer to choose fresh prawns then the stored one. In this recipe, prawns are marinated with salt and lemon juice first then cooked with onion, tomatoes, ginger, green chilli and garlic. It is best to serve with rice, chapati or naan. You can easily make it at home by following below given easy steps.
Ingredients of Prawn Masala Recipe
- Prawns - 1 Kg
- Ghee or oil - 2 Cups
- Onion - 150 gm
- Ginger - 1 Cup
- Garlic - 1 Cup
- Green chili - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Coriander seeds - 2 Tablespoons
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 300 gm
- Kasoori methi - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Green coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Prawn Masala
Step 1: Shell, devein and wash the prawns.
Step 2: Marinate with a little salt and lemon juice.
Step 3: Finely chop the onions and broil the coriander seeds and grind to a powder.
Step 4: Blanch and chop the tomatoes.
Step 5: Heat ghee in a handi. Add onions and fry until lightly golden brown.
Step 6: Add finely chopped ginger, green chilli and garlic.
Step 7: Cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring.
Step 8: Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix them.
Step 9: Cook, stirring simultaneously. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring in between. Add the prawns.
Step 10: Cook until the prawns are almost cooked.
Step 11: Add kasoori methi and garam masala powder and simmer until prawns are cooked.
Step 12: Check for seasoning. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Prawns – Check Price
- Ghee – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Kasoori methi – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Green chilli – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price