- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 6560 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 220.67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1689 mg
- Fat Content: 586.63 g
- Fiber Content: 42.3 g
- Protein Content: 135.85 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 357.016 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 8815 mg
- Sugar Content: 57.36 g
- Trans Fat Content: 22.323 g
Daal gosht or dal meat is a popular recipe with a flavour of meat, chana dal and a blend of herbs. It is one of the popular mutton recipes in India and Pakistan. The slow-cooked meat with chana dal, garlic, onion, ginger, green chillies, and spices gives the twisted taste to the mutton curry. It is a perfect recipe to make and enjoy with family and friends during a weekend meal. It tasted best with Paratha, rice or roti. Learn how to make it by following our step by step instructions.
Ingredients of Dal Gosht Recipe
- Bengal gram (chana dal) - 200 gm
- Meat stock - 200 liter
- Chopped onion - 2 Cups
- Ginger paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Green chilies - 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped tomatoes - 2 Cups
- Meat - 300 gm
- Coriander powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Clarified butter - 2 Cups
- Garam masala powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Kasoori methi - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- For Tempering
- Butter - 1 Cup
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Onion - 2 Cups
How to Make Dal Gosht
Step 1: Pick, wash and soak the pulses for about 2 hours.
Step 2: Clean and cut the mutton into even size pieces, slice the onions finely.
Step 3: Blanch and chop the tomatoes and chop the green chillies.
Step 4: Drain, wash and boil the chana dal in mutton stock.
Step 5: Then add salt, turmeric powder, mutton pieces, half of the onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook until the dal and mutton are tender.
Step 6: Now, heat the butter in a frying pan, and add remaining onions and fry to a golden brown colour.
Step 7: Add chopped green chillies, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Step 8: Now, add chopped tomatoes, kasoori methi and garam masala powder and add to the dal.
Step 9: Stir well.
Step 1: Heat the butter in a frying pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
Step 2: Temper the dal with it.
Step 3: Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and a little garam masala powder and serve hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Meat (mutton) – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Kasoori methi – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price