- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 503 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 31.19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 31.16 g
- Fiber Content: 5.4 g
- Protein Content: 27.91 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.266 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3165 mg
- Sugar Content: 16.81 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.006 g
Cottage Cheese Mille Feuille
Cottage cheese mille-feuille is an Indo-Italian cuisine. It is a very healthy dish and contains a lot of nutrition. The flavor of this dish is wonderful, it is a little bit time-consuming, but in the end, it comes very deliciously and yummy. The ingredients needed to prepare this dish are cottage cheese, spinach, shiitake mushroom, parsley, and many other ingredients. The aroma that comes from the dish will perfume your dinner table. Let’s see the recipe.
Ingredients of Cottage Cheese Mille Feuille Recipe
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) - 200 gm
- Chopped spinach (Palak) - 1 Cup
- Shiitake mushroom - 1 Cup
- Chopped leeks - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped parsley - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Onion - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 200 gm
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Curry powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Basil - 4 Springs
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- Olive oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Butter - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Cottage Cheese Mille Feuille
Step 1: In a deep pan, place tomatoes and cover it with water and blanch the tomatoes.
Step 2: When the tomatoes are blanched switch off the flame and drain the excess water and let the tomatoes cool for about five minutes.
Step 3: After 5 minutes remove tomatoes skin and roughly chop it.
Step 4: In a mixture jar, put chopped tomatoes, ½ teaspoon of leeks, cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon of chopped ginger, basil leaves and salt. Blend it till smooth to make tomato sauce.
Step 5: Slice the cottage cheese.
Step 6: In a medium bowl, place one teaspoon of olive oil and add curry powder, one teaspoon chopped garlic and salt to it. Mix it well.
Step 7: Marinate cottage cheese slice with this mixture. Keep aside.
Step 8: Meanwhile, in the same deep pan blanch the spinach and shiitake mushrooms until tender.
Step 9: Drain excess water from it and let it cool for a while.
Step 10: Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and add remaining chopped garlic, leeks, ginger and sauté it for few seconds then add chopped onion to it and sauté it for another few seconds then season it with pepper powder and salt and mix it well.
Step 11: Now, grill the marinated cottage cheese on griller by applying butter to it till golden brown.
Step 12: On serving dish first assemble tomato sauce with the layer of grilled cottage cheese and sautéed spinach and shiitake mushroom.
Step 13: Drizzle balsamic vinegar on it and serve this hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Spinach – Check Price
- Shiitake mushroom – Check Price
- Leek – Check Price
- Parsley – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Curry powder – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Basil leaves – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Balsamic vinegar – Check Price
- Olive oil – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price