- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 10 min
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 4561 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 155.27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1317 mg
- Fat Content: 332.89 g
- Fiber Content: 21.8 g
- Protein Content: 226.52 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 116.507 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 13878 mg
- Sugar Content: 45.83 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.134 g
Classic Meatloaf, an iconic authentic meatloaf as like my aunt used to make. This classic meatloaf made delicious using Italian style bread crumbs.
Whenever I came to make delicious dinner dishes, this meat recipe is at the top of the list because this is one of my favorite dishes, and also it is loved by my family members. The secrets to this meatloaf are fresh, very finely diced vegetables that give it moisture and ton of flavor and light touch in mixing together the ingredients. This hearty meatloaf is the perfect dinner meal for winter evenings. You can serve it stand alone dish or with the gravy of mushroom. So, here is the complete recipe to make meatloaf at home.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Recipe
- Unsalted butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Minced onion - 1 Cup
- Minced celery rib - 1
- Minced garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Minced carrot - 1
- Minced green onion - ½ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper - ½ Teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 Teaspoons
- Tomato ketchup - ⅔ Cup
- Ground beef - 1
- Spicy ground pork sausage - 1 ½ Pound
- Italian sausage - ¾ Pound
- Fresh bread crumbs - 1 Cup
- Beaten egg - 2
- Minced fresh parsley leaves - ⅓ Cup
How to Make Meatloaf
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F, with a rack in the middle.
Step 2: In a heavy, large skillet, melt the butter on MEDIUM heat foamy.
Step 3: Add minced onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and green onions and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Now add salt, fresh ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and a ⅓ cup of ketchup. Cook for one more minute and remove from heat. Let cool to the touch.
Step 6: In a large bowl, use your clean hands to combine the ground leaf, spicy ground pork sausage, eggs, breadcrumbs, the cooked vegetables, and parsley.
Step 7: Press mixture into a loaf pan with 2 inch high sides, or form the mixture into a standing loaf and place in a rimmed toasting pan.
Step 8: Cover the loaf with remaining ketchup.
Step 9: Bake the meatloaf in an oven at 350°F for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reads 155°F.
Step 10: Let rest for 10 minutes, and then gently remove by lifting with a spatula to a serving plate and slice to serve.
Check Price for Ingredients/h3>
- Butter – Check Price
- Spring onion – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Celery – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Eggs – Check Price
- Tomato ketchup – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Carrots – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Worcestershire sauce – Check Price
- Minced beef – Check Price
- Italian sausage – Check Price
- Pork sausage – Check Price
- Breadcrumbs – Check Price
- Parsley – Check Price