- Prep Time: 4h 00 min
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 3380 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 582.88 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 79.86 g
- Fiber Content: 50.9 g
- Protein Content: 89.11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23.475 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2632 mg
- Sugar Content: 35.64 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.076 g
Chana Pulao is an aromatic pulao dish which is the best idea for a kid’s lunch box. This pulao dish is full of flavors of whole spices that bring unique and new scrumptious flavors in chickpeas and rice.
Chana Pulao is made with chole chana and basmati rice and whole spices. It turns out great and tastes fantastic with its tanginess. The combination of chana pulao and plain or Bundi raita is the best savory. Learn how to make Chana Pulao in these step by step recipe guide.
Ingredients of Chana Pulao Recipe
- For Pulao
- Basmati rice - 3 Cups
- Chole chana - 1 Cup
- Lengthwise chopped onion - 2
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Green chilies, slit into half lengthwise - 2
- Channa masala powder - 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Mint leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 4 ½ Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Few cashew nuts
- Some coriander leaves, for garnishing
- For Tempering
- Fennel seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cardamom - 1
- Bay leaf - 1
- Star anise - 2
How to Make Chana Pulao
Step 1: Wash the rice into the runic water and soak them for at least 20 minutes.
Step 2: Also soak the chana for about 4 hours. Once soaked place them in a pressure cooker along with same water and add some salt to it, then cook them for three whistles or until done.
Step 3: In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the spices one by one and sauté it until fragrant.
Step 4: Then add sliced onion, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste then sauté it till onion become translucent.
Step 5: Add coriander leaves, channa masala powder, and salt. Mix well and again sauté it for a while.
Step 6: After that add cooked chana and water to it and bring the water to boil.
Step 7: When water starts boiling add soaked rice to it and adjust salt. Mix gently and cover the pressure cooker and cook them over low flame for about 10 minutes.
Step 8: Once it is cooked turn off the heat and remove the lid then add ghee and stir well without breaking the rice.
Step 9: Serve hot with raita or dal.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Basmati rice – Check Price
- Chickpeas – Check Price
- Red Onion – Check Price
- Ginger garlic paste – Check Price
- Channa masala powder – Check Price
- Mint leaves – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Ghee – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price
- Fennel seeds – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Star anise – Check Price