- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 1748 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 314.81 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 22.25 g
- Fiber Content: 72.6 g
- Protein Content: 94.28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.243 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2680 mg
- Sugar Content: 41.06 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.078 g
Chana Jor Garam
Chana Jor Garam is traditional Indian street food. It’s spicy, sour and yummy snacks. You can make Chana Jor Garam any time, easily at home. Due to its “chatpata” taste children’s love it. Lemon, tomatoes, onions, cilantro (coriander) and spices give yummy taste to the black gram. Rather than making a flattened black gram at home, you can also use a ready-made flattened gram. Make a tasty Chana Jor Garam Chaat with these easy to follow recipe steps.
Ingredients of Chana Jor Garam Recipe
- Black gram - 2 Cups
- Water - 3 Cups
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 Cup
- Turmeric powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Black salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chilies - 4
- Chat Masala - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Baking powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped tomato - 1
- Chopped Cilantro (coriander) for garnishing - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Chana Jor Garam
Step 1: Clean black grams and soak it in a bowl for overnight with plenty of water and soda.
Step 2: On the next day, drain the extra water from the black gram.
Step 3: With the help of the grinding stone, flatten each gram.
Step 4: Now, heat the oil in a kadhai and fry the flatten gram and fry it until it becomes crispy and a bit white.
Step5: Keep these black grams on the paper napkin to soak the excess oil.
Step 6: Now, Place the fried grams to a large bowl and add chopped, chilies, tomatoes, onion, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to it.
Step 7: Sprinkle Chat Masala and then add lemon juice to it.
Step 8: Garnish it with cilantro (coriander) and serve it.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Urad dal (black gram) – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Black Salt – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Baking powder – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price