- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 6920 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 214.53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 674.63 g
- Fiber Content: 78.7 g
- Protein Content: 45.41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 105.448 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2509 mg
- Sugar Content: 87.95 g
- Trans Fat Content: 3.534 g
Brinjal Pakora is a delicious Bengali style evening snack. This lip-smacking pakora has nice crisp layer from outside and soft from inside. It is also perfect for a starter that can be prepared instantly. This tempting pakora dish goes well with any chutney and of course how could we forget about cutting chai. So, satisfy your crispy cravings on this monsoon with this easy, simple and amazingly delicious recipe of Brinjal Pakora.
Ingredients of Brinjal Pakora Recipe
- Brinjal (Eggplant) - 4
- Oil for frying - 3 Cups
- For Batter:
- Besan (chickpea Flour) - 1 Cup
- Rice flour - ¼ Cup
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ¼ Teaspoon
- Baking soda - ¼ Teaspoon
- Hot oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Brinjal Pakora
Step 1: In a bowl, take all ingredients of batter and add little water at a time and form a thick batter. Also, whisk this well so that batter gets fluffy and smooth.
Step 2: Now, take the brinjals and wash them then slice them into roundels.
Step 3: Heat the oil in a wok.
Step 4: When the oil is sufficiently hot, coat brinjals slices with besan flour batter and place them in oil for frying until golden brown.
Step 5: Drain them and serve them hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Eggplant – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Rice flour – Check Price
- Red chilli powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Ginger garlic paste – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price