- Prep Time: 2h 00 min
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 8 People
- Calories: 797 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 33.79 g
- Cholesterol Content: 260 mg
- Fat Content: 33.26 g
- Fiber Content: 4.9 g
- Protein Content: 89.33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.246 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3969 mg
- Sugar Content: 13.23 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.148 g
Baked Fish with Green Chutney
Baked Fish with Green Chutney is a delicious Goan fish recipe which is the perfect food for the summer days. In this recipe, fish is stuffed with coriander paste, lemon, coconut, and chilies. And then baked in the microwave till it cooked perfectly.
In Goa, fish is usually wrapped in banana leaves, and then it's baked. Banana leaves give perfect taste to the fish and help it to cook it correctly. Serve this baked fish with coconut, coriander chutney along with rice or roti. Learn how to make Baked Fish with Green Chutney recipe.
Ingredients of Baked Fish with Green Chutney Recipe
- Fish filets - 500 gm
- Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Besan (Gram flour) - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Tablespoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- To Make Chutney
- Fresh Coconut - 1/2
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 1 Cup
- Mint leaves - ¼ Cup
- Green chilies - 4
- Ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic flakes - 6
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Baked Fish with Green Chutney
Step 1: Rub fish with one teaspoon salt and lemon juice, two tablespoon besan and ½ tablespoon turmeric powder.
Step 2: Keep aside for 1-2 hours to remove the fishy smell. Wash it properly and proceed.
Step 3: Grind all the chutney ingredients to a paste with lesser water.
Step 4: Now, Grease an ovenproof dish. Leave it with the half the fish and spread some chutney on the fish.
Step 5: Then, Sprinkle one tablespoon oil and place another layer of fish and chutney and again sprinkle the oil.
Step 6: Now, Bake the fish at 180°C for 40 minutes or till fish is tender.
Step 7: Once ready, serve hot with roti or rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Garlic – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Fish fillet – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Coconut – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Mint leaves – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price